RF / EMI Shielding Tent with -85.7 dB Minimum SE at 400 MHz to 18 GHz
High Attenuation RF / EM Portable Tent Test Enclosure Certified in Independent Testing.
High RF / EMI attenuation for a Select-A-Shield™ portable tent test enclosure has been certified in recent testing. Results included -85.7 dB minimum shielding effectiveness (SE) at commonly used cellular and Wi-Fi frequencies.
Shielding performance data must be carefully scrutinized to assure the enclosure as used will meet requirements for a specific application. Select Fabricators used the IEEE® 299 standard test, conducted by an independent test lab on a complete assembled system including installed components operating under typical conditions at various frequencies measured through the tent wall at multiple locations in the tent. The minimum readings indicate shielding functionality that can be expected in use.
Collapsible Select-A-Shield high attenuation RF / EMI test enclosures conserve space when not in use and are easy to transport.
The high attenuation RF and EM shielding portable chamber easily assembles and disassembles in just over an hour. It can be taken down and stored when not in use, saving valuable lab space. The tent and frame fit into hard shell rolling cases and their lightweight design allows affordable shipping via standard shipping services. Unlike hard wall enclosures, this portable tent can be used in multiple locations and applications, including remote sites.
Select’s design team have customized high attenuation portable tent enclosures for specific applications; integrating high performance filters for AC power configurations up to 100 Amps and using multiple communications protocols including Gigabit Ethernet and USB 3.0 while assuring high attenuation performance. Select Fabricators uses multiple layers of its Nova Select™ conductive fabric for the basic RF test enclosure construction. An internal or external vestibule is an important part of the design. The vestibule provides entry and exit for personnel during test procedures without compromising the integrity of the test application. The patented (US 9,029,714) single door sealing system consists of two rows of conductive magnets with ROHS compliant Nova Select™ fabric used as a conductive gasket.
High Attenuation RF EMI Shielding Tent Enclosure Test Results Graph
- To complete the system, ventilation, high performance filters, hardened lighting and aluminum frame were designed and installed prior to testing. This RF shielded chamber system was tested and certified to Select Fabricators’ and its customer’s complete satisfaction. The high attenuation shielding effectiveness, independently certified, can be completed for any Select-A-Shield standard or custom tent enclosure system with full test results.
Made in the USA of US materials.
Standard Select-A-Shield High Attenuation Portable Tent Enclosures include:
• Multiple layers of NovaSelect™ conductive fabric
• White ESD fabric layer inside tent
• Internal or external vestibule entryway system
• Single (US 9,029,714) patented door seal system
• Series 500 aluminum frame
• High performance power & data filtering
• Complete shielded ventilation system
• RF shielded floor between two layers of heavy duty tarp
• Tent storage and transit bag
• Complete installation instructions
• Motion-detection interior EMI hardened lighting inside vestibule
• LED and EMI hardened lighting
• Cable Sleeves
• Double patented (US 8,530,756) door seal system
• Power and data filters configured to customer requirements
• Shielding effectiveness certification to customer specifications by independent test lab
• Components can be configured to fit in secure hardshell transit cases
• Alternative frame styles
• Alternative tent layout configurations to meet customer defined C4ISR specifications
• Shelter for outdoor applications
Founded in 2000, Select Fabricators, Inc. is the premier US manufacturer of RF portable, collapsible fabric shielding solutions including signal reduction enclosures, pouches and curtains; as well as the procurement of state-of-the-art materials, research, design, manufacturing, fulfillment and compliant production to stringent quality standards and complete project management.
With capabilities in industrial sewing, heat sealing, ultrasonic welding, pad printing, die-cutting and cleanroom secondary operations, SELECT delivers a wide array of solutions to the aerospace, forensics, homeland security, law enforcement, industrial, medical, military and wireless communications industries.