Select-a-Shield™ RF / EMI shielding curtains are ideal for numerous confined area RFID Shielding applications, pre-compliance testing, secure communications* and temporary shielding situations.
SELECT has developed specialized RF / EMI shielding partitions or curtains that can be used to create your own unique shielding environment. Design projects include shielding unprotected windows, isolating personnel & equipment from electromagnetic exposure, safeguarding radar assemblies with EM reflective covers, and improving RFID scan accuracy through the use of shielding strip curtains mounted outside scanner tunnels.
Select-a-Shield RF / EMI curtains are made in the USA of US materials including our proprietary RoHS compliant, lightweight Silver/Copper/Nickel fabric. This durable fabric has an average shielding effectiveness of -85 dB in the range of 30 MHz to 1 GHz and an average -80 dB in the range of 1 GHz to 11 GHz. State-of-the-art metallic plating processes provide protection against galvanic corrosion and a finish coating eliminates stress cracking concerns.
Shielding effectiveness of SELECT RF / EMI curtain systems can be increased with proper grounding techniques and by minimizing or eliminating gaps that allow RF leakage.
Curtains can be customized to your unique requirements. Choose from:
- Single or Double layer conductive fabric
- ESD (Electrostatic Dissipative) fabric layer(s)
- RF shielding ceiling covers
- Grounding straps
- Copper foil tape
- Clean to IEST-STD-CC1246E
- RF shielded vents
- Curtain attachment options:
- Hook & Loop
Series 8000—Ceiling Mounted Roller Track
Made from extruded 6063 aluminum with commercial clear coated Silver Satin finish with carriers, end stops, and other accessories for a complete, operational track system. Nylon parts are extremely durable and will not rust or break. All nylon parts have UV inhibitors.
- Extruded aluminum track channel (1 3/8″ x 1 3/16″) Track channel is either curved or straight in continuous lengths up to 16 feet
- Two Wheel Cubicle Carriers made of two self-lubricating nylon wheels, nylon axle, tangle-free nylon swivel stem and hard nickel-plated steel hook reduces jamming
- Plastic End Cap with removable gate: Nylon cap has a removable gate to permit access to track carriers
- Aluminum Splices
- 90° & 45° bends: Bends have an approximate 12” radius
Series 7000—Freestanding and Ceiling Mounted Roller Track
- Beam or Chain Support Mount: Attaches to a beam or any member immediately above the top level of the curtain
- Ceiling Mount: Attaches directly to ceiling or any flat horizontal surface directly above the curtain
- Floor Column (Free Standing): Permits erection of screens in any area
- Threaded Rod Bracket: Use when no easily accessible structures are near the track. Threaded rod attaches to the ceiling heights significantly above the track system’s
- Wall Mount: Attaches vertical surfaces. May be used with other mounting techniques
- Beam Flange Connectors: Allows attachment to roof truss sections, beams, and channels. Secured with edge clamps and set screws
- Nylon Roller with 1/2″ hook
- Roller Track
- Radius Curved Track
- Wireless Device Testing
- Industrial Wireless 802.11a/b/g/n Commercial – Enterprise, RFID
- Warehouse, Logistics and Distribution Centers with RFID inventory control
- Tool Cribs with RFID inventory control
- Automotive 3G, 4G, LTE, Cellular
- Aerospace & Defense
- Medical equipment shielding
Contact SELECT with your application requirements. RF isolation is one part of a complete secure communications protocol.
*RF isolation is one part of a complete secure communications protocol. Please make sure your operation is in compliance with all sections of the protocol.